Qualifications and background
David has a Bachelor of Arts (Honours in Political Science), trained as a journalist and early in his career worked as a radio and television reporter. He later worked as a political consultant including advising a Federal Cabinet Minister.
Before his election to Council in October 2006, David consulted to numerous businesses on issues management, media management and government relations.
Married with two young children, he is active in local sporting groups, particularly rugby union. He and his family live in the heart of the Hamilton Ward in Hendra.
Committee memberships and interests
David is the Chairman of the Field Services Committee.
The responsibilities of the Field Services Committee is to:
Work across Committee portfolios to:
- Ensure citywide maintenance and management of graffiti;
- Maintain and manage parks and green spaces including grass cutting, trees on Council land, street and park furniture, park signs and playgrounds;
- Manage road and footpath maintenance including signs, lines, pot hole repairs and weed control;
- Manage urban cleansing activities including City Malls cleansing, litter control, street sweeping and gum removal;
- Ensure the conduct of mosquito, vegetation and pest control; and
- Ensure that Brisbane is a leading city in waste management.